Monday, April 14, 2014

Uh, Hey Bro.

Somewhere back in the 2K10's the preferred method of growing crops was online. I'm not sure why running a virtual farm was of any interest or how a game like Farmville managed to hold captive the attention of half the nation, but it did, and its audience paid a lot of money for the privilege. It was only a matter of time before someone said, "Hey bro, wouldn't it be great if you could grow pot on your computer farm?" Not really, but my former employers thought it would be. "Wait a minute Bro, you're an artist, you don't smoke the drugs?" Nope, however I have suffered from a 30 year long heat stroke living in Southern California, which is basically the same as being high. After agreeing that our minds were equally mush, TrafficKing was created. The following concepts were created, and the game had a short life span, (which I guess was to be expected). Even though I harp on the game structure the concepts were fun to work on. I appreciated the irreverent nature and the challenges of making a pot growing game interesting. I also got to work with good friends Micheal Maurino and Marta Da Costa.   



     

0 comments:

Post a Comment